2017 Anual Conference on Independent Living (NCIL): Revolution - A Global Independent Living Movement
Independent Living is not just an American issue. Globally, there are over one billion people with disabilities, comprising one fifth of the world’s population, according to the World Report on Disability. We must continue to advocate so that people with disabilities can live wherever and however they choose. The workshops will focus on the following tracks:
- International Track - Workshops related to understanding and supporting international development of the Independent Living Movement.
- Youth Track - Workshops related to youth leadership, outreach, and movement building.
- WIOA / Core-Services Track - Workshops addressing WIOA, ILA, and / or sharing innovation and best practices in the core services of Centers for Independent Living.
- Healthcare / Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Track - Workshops related to healthcare, personal assistant services, managed care, and deinstitutionalization.
- SILC Track - Workshops covering best practices and innovation in operations and programs of Statewide Independent Living Councils.
- General Track - Workshops for staff, consumers, and other advocates in the Independent Living Movement that do not fit the other five categories.